Friday, April 24, 2009

Gratitude

http://www.photobucket.com/


Today I wanted to write a special post in gratitude to the universe. First of all I would like to say I am grateful for my whole life experience, good and "bad" parts. Yet today I would like to focus specifically on my experience with food and raw foods and everything I have learned on this journey towards eating more healthily and freeing myself from emotional eating and binging. And since it hasn't been "perfect" (in the sense that I have gone back and forth a lot between eating well and not-so-well), I feel thankful that I began this journey while still young and healthy enough for my body to endure the food rollercoaster it has been going through.



T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! ! !



Where I live

Sometimes,
in a sudden fit of curiosity,
or need to fill
an unexpected pause in conversation,
well-meaning people ask me where I live.

I used to tell them, depending on my mood
and how much I thought
they really wanted to know, any of the following:
Two hours north of Manhattan,
Ulster County,
or the oh so famous Woodstock, New York.

Now,
many years after meeting Maharaji,
and having relocated to my breath,
I simply say:
the State of Gratitude.

By: Mitch Ditkoff, in The Heart of the Matter


Some other cool stuff online related to gratitude:

5 easy ways to create an attitude of gratitude

Gratitude journals and why they work

Kids Gratitude Workbook (free e-book)

Simple abundance

No comments: